Terms & Conditions
1. OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU:
a) These booking terms and conditions (Terms) form the basis of your contract with Cyprus Villa Retreats. Please ensure that you read the Terms carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations.
b) These Terms, as amended from time to time, apply to all bookings including those made by telephone, fax, e-mail, online, in writing or by any other means.
c) These Terms will become binding on you, and you will be deemed to have accepted these terms on behalf of any other persons detailed on the booking, on the earliest of:
(1) you paying us a deposit;
(2) you making full payment of the cost of your villa; or
(3) we send to you, via e-mail or post, a booking confirmation that confirms the details of your booking.
1) Payments can only be made by debit- or credit card.
2) The fixed card fee for the use of credit- or debit cards is 2,5% of the total booking fee
3) A deposit of 50% of the total booking fee is required to guarantee your reservation for the property. So for example if £ 1,800 is the total cost then £ 900, or 50%, is due to guarantee the reservation. The remaining balance of the total booking fee is due at least 90 days (cleared funds, please allow 7 working days for funds processing) prior to the start of the rental period or immediately if the booking is made less than 97 days before the start of the rental period. In most cases, we will simply auto charge your designated credit card on the due date to reduce the admin for you. Should the payment fail we will send you reminders with a pay now link for your added convenience.
3. CHANGES & CANCELLATIONS:
We will do our best to assist with any reasonable changes or cancellation requests made wherever possible. Cancellation requests must be made via email to [email protected]
Our cancellation policy is as follows (prior to arrival date):
• Cancellation 90 days or more prior to arrival date: 25% of the total booking fee is at any time non-refundable
• Cancellation 90 to 60 days prior to arrival date: 50% of the total booking-fee is non-refundable
• Cancellation 60 to 30 days prior to arrival date : 75% of the total booking-fee is non-refundable
• Cancellation less than 30 days – no refund possible
4. WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL FEE:
• Fresh linen, fresh bath and hand towels, beach towels
• Internet, internet TV with popular British on demand services
• Water and electricity*, Air conditioning (working on timers)
5. LONG LETS (28 days or more):
Electricity is not included in the rental price for stays of more than 28 days and is chargeable/kWh at the prevailing Cypriot rate. For longer term lets we will take a deposit with the final balance to cover the anticipated cost of the electricity for the booking period and the amount will be agreed with you in advance. The property managers will take meter readings before you arrive and on departure. We will calculate the cost of your electricity consumption after departure and the balance of the deposit will be returned to you. We reserve the right to charge you an additional amount for electricity should the deposit not be sufficient to cover your consumption.
6. NO SMOKING AND NO PETS:
Please respect our policy that NO SMOKING and NO PETS are allowed inside our properties. Additional cleaning fee of GBP 500,- applies.
Free Parking is available at the property.
The property is looked after with the best possible care by our professional property management team. We ask for your understanding that the property is built up from thousands of different elements / items, and that it can happen that during your stay you notice that one of these elements / items of the property need to be replaced or repaired.
- In case of a problem, replacements or repairs, you can reach our hospitality team via [email protected]
- For any emergencies you can call day and night the property management emergency phone number: 00357 99 80 39 40.
- If for any reason your request is not replied to within 24 hours of your initial contact with one of our team members or via the above two options, then please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call us on our office line 00 44 20 8123 1050 (we are open 7 days a week) to enable us to address any issue that needs our attention.
The property will be professionally cleaned prior to your arrival and after your departure. However, we ask you to leave the property in good condition. Please remove all rubbish from the property, empty the fridge, have all dishes, cups and glasses washed and back in the kitchen cupboards, leave the laundry in a pile.
10. SPECIAL REQUESTS:
We will always do our very best to help with these, especially if they are made well in advance of your stay with us. Please email [email protected] with any requests.
11. DAMAGE DEPOSIT:
We will hold your credit / debit card details on our system and pre-authorise a damage deposit on the day of arrival for the amount of £250 when you’ve booked an apartment, for £500 when you’ve booked a 3 bed villa, and for £750 when you’ve booked a 4 or 5 bed villa, £1000 when you’ve booked a 6 bed villa or bigger. Upon the completion of your stay our property managers will ensure that everything is in good order and we will remove the pre-authorisation from your card.
- We expect you and your party to take the best possible care of the villa and all the items in the villa.
- You and your party are responsible for all damage and loss to the villa and its contents during your stay. If you or any member of your party cause any damage to the villa or any item in it or on its premises, you and/or your party are required to pay for the loss and/or damage caused to the fullest extent and in this event we will hold you and each member of your party jointly and individually responsible.
- Anything damaged, spoilt or broken will be charged to you at the replacement cost. This means the actual costs to buy the item, sourcing the item and installing the item (where applicable) Any items having to be purchased will be replaced ‘like for like’ to the same quality and standard.
- In the event that the villa or its contents are damaged or broken in any way, or lost then charges will be deducted from the security deposit and any refund that may be due to you will be paid after repair or replacement is made for the appropriate item. Should the security deposit not cover the cost of repairing all the damage caused and/or replacing any items that are damaged, then we will invoice you for additional funds to make up the difference. You agree to pay our invoice for such additional damage or replacement costs before you leave the property. And when the damage is discovered after you leave, within 14 days of the invoice being sent to you.
- Please be advised that in Cyprus you can not throw any toilet paper or waste in the toilets, and that toilet paper and wast should be thrown in the bins provided next to the bins. You and your party are responsible for any unblocking charges, damages or breakage of toilets, toilet drains or toilet pumps caused by throwing toilet paper or other items in the toilet.
- Please be advised that guests are not allowed to alter any of the (mechanical) parts (like pumps, valves, drains etc), the water- and the electricity supply to and from the pool and the hot tub . You and your party are responsible for any charges, damages or breakage of the pool and the hot tub and any related parts by altering these systems. For any defects please call day and night the property management emergency phone number: 00357 99 80 39 40.
Your accommodation is booked exclusively for the number of persons agreed upon and stated in your reservation. Please email [email protected] if you would like to add any additional guests. In accordance with our insurance policies and fire and safety regulations in Cyprus it’s mandatory for us to know the names of people staying or visiting the property. *N.B. Additional fees may apply for any guests not included in your reservation.
14. LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR INJURY:
No liability shall be attached to Cyprus Villa Retreats or any representative of the company in respect of any loss or damage, injury or illness suffered by the party leader or any person occupying the property booked by you. We advise all guests to have adequate travel and health insurance. All baggage and articles retained at the property are kept there at the guest’s risk.
15. CHECK IN / CHECK OUT:
The property is available from 4.00 pm on the day of arrival until 10.00 am on the day of departure. Please adhere strictly to these times to allow us to get the property ready for the next guests. If you require special arrangements to be made regarding times of arrival or departure, please ask ahead of your arrival and we will do our best to accommodate you. Please note there is an additional charge for late checkouts/early check-ins. If you have not arranged a late checkout in advance please email the local team on [email protected] to see if this is possible or tick the ‘Late Checkout’ option when you complete guest registration.
One set of keys will be supplied to you on your arrival. The keys need to be returned either directly to the management company or placed in the designated secure place. A £150 lock change charge will be applicable should the keys not be returned.
Please note that it is your responsibility to arrange appropriate comprehensive travel insurance to cover risks including, but not limited to, medical treatment, accidents, repatriations and holiday cancellation/curtailment.
We therefor strongly recommend that the party leader and all members of his/her party have adequate travel/health insurance to provide cover for both themselves and their belongings during the rental period, as you would on any vacation. We will not be held liable for any act, neglect or default on the part of any person nor any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to person or property which the party leader or any member of the traveling party may suffer or incur arising out of or in any way connected with the letting or resulting from any other cause whatsoever.
Electricity is VERY expensive in Cyprus. A couple of years back there was an explosion at the power station (it’s an interesting read in google) and the cost for the damage for the unforeseeable future is being recouped at the residents expense with increased electric rates. We would like to ask you kindly to be very mindful of the electricity use, especially the Air Conditioning. If run all night and day, the electricity bill will run to hundreds of pounds/month. We have done all that we can to implement low energy measures in our properties and ask that you be mindful about lights and AC. We would like to thank you for your help with costs and impact on the environment.
17b. ELECTRICAL USAGE & POOL HEATING:
Please limit electrical usage at properties to no more than two or three items at a time as Cypriot standards may differ from what you’re used to. This especially applies to winter pool usage and unpredictable inclement weather where heating of pools is taxing on circuits and is done on a best efforts basis with refunds not possible due to the extremely high costs of pool heating 3 to 5 days in advance of arrival.
18. THINGS TO DO IN CYPRUS:
Before arrival you will receive a digital version of the Villa Handbook with all kind of information about the villa and with recommendations for things to do and places to dine. Our hospitality manager can also provide you with a digital list of our insider tips / places to go, that all come with our stamp of approval. Please feel free to reach out to our concierge service / hospitality manager for any advise you like on places to go.
19. POOL AND HOT TUB:
If your property benefits from a pool/hot tub, lease respect the usual pool and hot tub rules, especially in regards to health and safety. The pool and hot tub both have insulating covers. Please be sure to replace these whenever not in use. If the covers are not used, bugs are attracted to the warm water and the temperature will drop quickly and render the heating ineffective. The hot tub is a chargeable extra due to the very high electricity rates in Cyprus. If you have a hot tub or heated pool and would like to make use of either there is an extra charge to your rent. Should you get to Cyprus and decide you would like to use the hot tub or heated pool, then please email [email protected], we will arrange payment and for it to be turned on. Please note it takes about 12-24 hours to get up to temperature. If you have pre-booked, it will be ready upon arrival.
20. AIRPORT PICKUP:
Airport pick up can be arranged for on our guest registration form which is sent to your email after your deposit is received. If you would like to arrange pickup/drop-off from Paphos airport we can accomodate up to 22 persons in the same vehicle and they will take you direct to the property. Please note that you must receive a confirmation and print your vouchers to ensure your request is complete.
21. DIFFERENT OR MISSING ITEMS AS ADVERTISED ON VILLA PICTURES:
Please be advised that certain items of the villa seen in the villa-pictures (like furniture, games, fittings etc) can change over time due to necessary replacement (to maintain our high standards / quality) by a different item or by removal due to breakage or maintenance of the specific item. We will always do our utmost to replace the broken or damaged item for the same items or a similar item, but are dependent on stock and availability on an island like Cyprus and can not guarantee the item will be the same OR will be available during your holiday.
22. ALTERATIONS AND CANCELLATIONS:
In the event that the property becomes unavailable (due to mechanical or constructional problems or an overbooking) we will endeavour to find you alternative accommodation within our portfolio of luxury properties or you will be offered a full refund. Any refund is restricted to the villa hire costs and we cannot be held liable for any cancellation or administrative charges for travel arrangements etc.
23. FORCE MAJEURE
We regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by ’force majeure’. In these terms and conditions of hire ‘force majeure’ means any event which we or the suppliers of the service(s) in question could not, even with due care, avoid. Such events may include but are not limited to war, threat of war, civil commotion or strife, hostilities, strikes or other industrial disputes, natural disasters, fire, acts of God, terrorist activities, quarantine, epidemics, weather conditions, construction in the area by third parties, government action, or other events outside our control.
Further information regarding security access for keys, directions to the property, being met at the airport, car hire etc. will be sent to you after receiving final payment for your holiday three months prior to your stay. Finally, and most importantly, we wish you a wonderful holiday with us in Cyprus!
Our very best wishes from the team at Cyprus Villa Retreats
P.S. Please don’t forget to email [email protected] with any questions or special requests.